How To Make San Francisco Mountain Biking Better
1. Create a legal off-road shared-use sustainable trail loop network
in Golden Gate Park.
3. Establish a McLaren Park multi-use trail system. This work has now begun. Click here for details on volunteer days. This is a special opportunity for SF mountain bikers to work directly with SFRPD on trail improvements in McLaren Park.
4. Establish a Mt. Sutro trail system. THIS GOAL HAS BEEN ACHIEVED!! As of early 2007, there is now a multi-use trail network on Mt. Sutro. Click Here to see the map. Click Here to see volunteer trail workday information. Also see Mt. Sutro Stewards.
5. Create more dirt trail bike and pedestrian connecting greenways. The needed greenways are:
--Stern Grove to Mt. Davidson
6. Build a complete, multi-use trail which goes through from the bottom to the top of Glen Park. Currently one can bike on limited trails in the lower section but there is no mountain bike-suitable trail to go the full length of the park. There is an unofficial and unmaintained hiking trail which makes walking the length of the park difficult yet possible. A professional and lasting trail could be put in here if there were the will and the money to do so. Glen Park is the natural connector for three other and separate mountain biking regions: Twin Peaks, Mt. Davidson and John McLaren Park.
7. Create a Legal Presidio Trail System.